Category: Buy Demerol Online
What is Demerol?
Demerol is the brand name for meperidine, i.e., the generic name for Demerol medicine is meperidine. Demerol is a synthetic opioid pain medicine of the phenylpiperidine class. Demerol commonly helps relieve moderate to severe pain. Demerol can also be used during and before surgery or other procedures.
Demerol belongs to the drug class called opioid analgesics and is pretty similar to morphine. Demerol works in your brain to change how the body feels and responds to pain. However, Demerol must not be used to treat ongoing or long-term pain.
It would be best to use Demerol medication to treat sudden moderate to severe pain occurrences only. Doctors should not prescribe Demerol for newborns because of an increased risk of severe side effects. Demerol works by changing how the nervous system and brain respond to pain. Meperidine belongs to the class of phenylpiperidine as a hydrochloride salt synthetic form of the opioid. It has subcutaneous, intramuscular, intravenous injection, syrup, and tablet forms.
You may buy Demerol online from our pharmacy website at the best price for your pain relief.
What are the medical uses of Demerol?
- Demerol painkiller is used to treat moderate to severe pain.
- Doctors also use Demerol before and during surgery or other procedures with other types of pain drugs.
- Demerol acts on specific centers in your brain to give you pain relief. Demerol is a narcotic pain reliever quite similar to morphine.
- Demerol is used to relieve pain, particularly during childbirth. Demerol is usually given by injection. Though it is also available in tablet and oral solution forms.
- Demerol provides pain relief for up to four hours.
- Demerol for back pain: It also offers relief from back pain.
- Demerol is also used as an adjunct to preoperative medicines to reduce shivering in patients.
Warnings and precautions
Demerol has a risk for addiction and abuse, which can cause overdose and death. Demerol may also lead to severe and possibly fatal breathing problems. To lower your risk, the doctor should have you take the smallest dose of Demerol that works and take it for the shortest possible time. Demerol contains meperidine, which is a mu-agonist opioid with a Demerol addiction liability similar to morphine and is a Schedule II controlled substance. Like morphine and other opioid drugs commonly used in analgesia, Demerol has the potential for abuse.
Demerol can be abused in a manner that is similar to other opioid agonists, legal or illicit. Pharmacists or physicians must consider this when dispensing or prescribing pain medicine Demerol when there is a concern about an increased risk of abuse, misuse, or criminal diversion. Demerol is often abused by chewing, crushing, snorting, or injecting the dissolved product. These practices will lead to the uncontrolled delivery of the opioid and pose a significant risk to the abuser that could lead to overdose or death.
How long does Demerol last in your body?
Order Demerol pill online from our trusted online pharmacy store because we deliver authentic medicines at your doorstep. While the half-life of Demerol is only two to five hours, its normeperidine metabolite has a half-life of about 15 to 30 hours in adults. The half-life of Demerol in patients with renal impairment is prolonged, up to 35 to 40 hours.
You can buy Demerol without a prescription online at the street price from our site because we provide all your medicines at rates below the street prices of drugs. You can purchase drugs from our online store effortlessly.
Dosage and administration of Demerol for pain relief
- Oral Demerol pill form: (not typically recommended for acute pain control)
- Tablet form: 50 milligrams to 100 mg Demerol
- Syrup form: 50 milligrams/ 5 ml
- Injectable solution form: Demerol 25 mg/ ml, 50 mg/ ml, 75 milligrams/ ml, 100 mg /ml
- Intravenous (IV) injection: slowly inject the Demerol dose of 10 milligrams/ ml. The Demerol injection must be considered only when an opiate antagonist and administration of oxygen and respiratory monitoring facilities are available.
- For continuous IV infusion: 15 to 35 milligrams/ hr
- Intramuscular: Injection must be into large muscle mass, and it is preferable to subcutaneous injection.
Using Demerol for pain control should be considered if no other options are available, in which case the duration of medication use must be limited to less than 48 hours. The total Demerol dosage administered must not exceed 600 milligrams in 24 hours. Doctors should adjust the Demerol dosage according to the severity of the pain and the patient’s response. Demerol drug is less effective orally than on parenteral administration.
You should proportionately decrease the dosage of Demerol (usually by 25 to 50 percent) when administering it concomitantly with phenothiazines and several other tranquilizers since they potentiate the action of Demerol.
Adults: The usual Demerol dosage is 50 milligrams to 150 milligrams orally every three or four hours.
Pediatric Patients: The usual Demerol dosage is 1.1 milligrams/ kg to 1.8 milligrams/ kg orally, up to the adult dose, every three or four hours as necessary.
Demerol for dogs
Demerol can be given to dogs for pain relief and mild sedation Demerol effects. Cardiac, gastrointestinal effects, and other side effects observed are relatively minimal.
Dosage: 1 to 5 milligrams/lb (or 2 to 10 mg/kg) every two to three hours.
Side effects of Demerol
The significant hazards of over-the-counter Demerol, as with other narcotic analgesics, are respiratory depression and, to a lesser degree, circulatory depression; there were occurrences of respiratory arrest, shock, and cardiac arrest. The most frequently observed adverse reactions include dizziness, lightheadedness, sedation, vomiting, nausea, and sweating. These effects are more prominent in ambulatory patients and those who aren’t experiencing severe pain. In such patients, lower doses are advisable. Some severe reactions in ambulatory patients can be alleviated if the patient lies down.
Other severe reactions include:
- Gastrointestinal: Constipation, dry mouth, biliary tract spasm.
- Nervous System: Euphoria, dysphoria, agitation, tremor, weakness, headache, uncoordinated muscle movements (for example, muscle cramps, myoclonus), transient hallucinations and disorientation, severe convulsions, visual disturbances.
- Cardiovascular: Flushing of the face, palpitation, tachycardia, bradycardia, hypotension, syncope.
- Genitourinary: Urinary retention.
- Allergic: Urticaria, pruritus, other skin rashes, wheal, and flare over the vein with intravenous injection. Hypersensitivity reactions, shock, anaphylaxis. Histamine release causes hypotension or/and flushing, sweating, tachycardia, and pruritus.
Drug interaction of Demerol
Some products that can interact with Demerol medication include certain pain medicines (mixed opioid agonist-antagonists such as nalbuphine, butorphanol, pentazocine), said orphan, naltrexone. Taking MAO inhibitors with this drug can cause a severe (or possibly fatal) drug interaction.